Dr. Bastian Marheineke
Experienced senior executive – sales of capital equipment and general management
For more than 20 years I have been successfully realising projects in sales, business development, sales management and general management.
I have worked for companies listed at the German TecDAX, international subsidiaries, owner-run companies and SMEs. My focus are companies developing, manufacturing and globally distributing technology products, especially with strong presence on the Asian markets.
During frequent business trips to Asia I got my deep insight into cultures, mentalities and business practices in China, Taiwan, Japan and Korea.
- More than 20 years’ experience in international sales and sales management of complex, technical products
- Hands on experience in general management
- Track record in building and developing sales organisations and structures
- Proven track record in sustainable business development
- Successful placement of complex technology solutions in the market
- In-depth technical understanding for conveying technology solutions and identification of customer requirements
- Post-merger experience
- Intercultural competency in dealing with customers, distribution partners and employees in Europe, North America and Asia
- Vast experience in coaching and goal oriented management of employees and distribution partners
As a physicist with a PhD my methodology is characterised by analytic, structured and strategic practices. I have a holistic view on sales: not only within the company context and interaction with other departments, but also considering the market perspective and anticipation of customer needs.
Active listening as well as empathy for the view of others determine my interaction with people. I consider mutual understanding and consensus building as elementary for our success.
I work with passion in a targeted and solution-oriented way.
Focus of my activities lies with the establishment, development and restructuring of international sales organisations. Mainly for technology companies that strive for strong growth especially in the far east Asian markets (China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea).
My successful projects include amongst others:
- Establishment of global sales structures and processes
- Restructuring of global sales organisations
- Successful fresh start after bankruptcy
- Change from R&D image to production partner
- Product introduction and qualification at global key customer
- Sustainable recovery of the US market
- Opening the Japanese market
- Expansion of the China market
- Replacement of company management of subsidiaries in China, Korea and Japan
Partnership / Membership
Lizard Group is a group of companies acting throughout Europe, advising customers from business and the public sector on strategic issues, supporting them with operational management tasks, developing management skills and providing tailored management tools.
The focus is always on the relevant customer topics – be it the reduction of costs, the increase in quality, the optimisation of the organisational structure and process organisation or the digitalisation of business processes and models.
DDIM (Dachgesellschaft Deutsches Interim Management e. V.) is the leading professional representation for interim management in Germany. DDIM's main task is to look after the economic interests of its members and to sustainably promote interim management in Germany.
The DDIM defines the professional standards, promotes quality assurance and supports the knowledge transfer of its members. Membership of the umbrella association is regarded as a statement of high quality and competency in interim management.
ABTF stands for „Automotive Business Task Force“, an internationally active network of experienced industry experts.
Customers of ABTF are typically medium-sized or group companies. The partners of ABTF offer consulting and management services along the value chain. ABTF covers the following fields of competencies:
Development ⋅ Purchasing & Supplier Management ⋅ Production ⋅ Marketing / Sales ⋅ Supply Chain Management ⋅ Quality Management ⋅ Finance / Controlling / Organisation ⋅ Human Resources & Legal
Besides the automotive industry ABTF also operates in mechanical engineering and the producing sector. All partners exhibit at least 10 years’ senior management and project experience.